Total Pageviews

Monday, June 1, 2009

Daniel Henney......





One of the movie I've been anticipated since last year is X-man Origin:Wolverine.
It's not because of Hugh Jackman who looked ruggedly handsome as Wolverine but all because of Daniel Phillip Henney as David North aka Agent Zero.
The 30 years old actor started out his career as a model and his first breakthrough for his acting career was via 'My name is Kim Sam Soon' drama as Henry.Though it was only a supporting character, the Hallyu fans started to pay attention to this mixed British-American Korean parentage actor.Being native english speaker, most of his character in drama or movie requires him to speak more English than Korean language but i believe he has improved his korean a lot.He might not speak fastly but he capable to understand and reply coherantly. For me, it's apart of his charm.

Talking about X-Men Origin:Wolverine, I really wish his character -agent Zero can be expand much better and somehow, I felt like the make up didn't justify his good looks.Or is it because I'm not use to see his serious and stern look?.maybe...:His character however only lasted for the first 15-20 minutes and later died- I'm not happy with that fact but I understand that this is the starting point for more people outside the Hallyu world to come and notice him.Daniel, fighting!!

Hopefully this movie will launch a great start for Daniel's acting career in his own country.Most American don't know who is Daniel Henney like his Asian fans do even Hugh Jackman once said Daniel is more popular than Brad Pitt in Korea.Hugh Jackman, I agree with you 100%!!!.

Being good looking gentleman, Daniel never lacks of beautiful woman as his friends.I was surprised to know that he is quite close to Lee Hyori and Jung Ryeo Won.I was even more surprised when I read he named Kim Suna( she is my favourite too) as one of the 7 important people in his life and even his girlfriend-Maggie Q didn't make into the list.Does that mean Kim Suna has better place in his heart than his girlfriend?Only the man has the answer.

I really enjoyed watching Fanily Outing episode with him as the guest and of course he has Hyori by his side to take care of him.Jong Kook felt really 'threatened' with Daniel's charismatic presence and has been seeking advise from Daesung.Nervous sunbae asking advice from crazy hobae?-I think Jong Kook was desperate wanna win the sleeping rank and in the end he still lost the game.

No comments: